I had a blast celebrating one of my last weekends as a unwed lady in Charleston with my favorite gals. I am teaming up with Vera Bradley today to share just a few more reasons why it’s good to be a girl. I have worked with them on these two posts before sharing many reasons why I love being a girl. Getting married to the man of your dreams is definitely another great reason and time to be a girl. Since a wedding is such a significant part of a girls life I wanted to share 5 specific reasons why it’s good to be a girl who is getting married.
- The most obvious of them all you get to shop for and wear the most beautiful wedding gown. You can see my wedding dress shopping experience post here. I have been looking forward to wearing a wedding dress ever since I can remember, so this was a pretty special moment for me.
- You get to use your creativity to plan a fun party all of your friends and family will enjoy. You can really let your personality shine though in your wedding planning. I waned to emphasize my love of intimacy by choosing a small destination wedding.
- You get to celebrate with all of your favorite gals. I had a blast over the past weekend in Charleston with two of my best girlfriends making new memories and reminiscing on old ones.
- You get showered with love and gifts. Sorry yall but this is true, who doesn’t love to be showered with love and attention.. I mean come on this is a pretty great part of being a girl. The groom does not get the same kind of attention and showering as the bride. I think Matt might be a little jealous hehe.
- You end it all with the best part of being a girl, you now get to be a wife. Matt and I have been dating for over 5 years and I am thrilled to finally be his wife. Knowing as the woman you have that sense of responsibility as his wife to take care of him just as he is going to take care of you. Call me old fashion but I have been excited to be a wife for a long time.
Thank you Vera Bradley for sponsoring and collaborating with me on this post, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.