I asked yesterday on my Instagram stories if yall wanted to see an outfit post today or a post on how I organize my agenda. You all wanted to see inside my agenda planning so lets do this! My agenda is from Target, the exact style I believe you can only get in store but I linked a similar version above. I keep everything in one planner, work, life, and blogging. Bellow I am going to break down how I keep it all in one place and organized at the same time.
Monthly Layout Page: This is personally my favorite page of my planner, I enjoy getting to look at my month in place apposed to day by day. This is where I keep track of all things blogging. I write down what post will be going live which day or if I have a due date to submit content for brand review and so on. I prefer to do this on the monthly view so I can ensure I do not over plan sponsored content and that I know my posts will flow nicely. Also another important thing I keep track of on my monthly page is any payments or bills I have for that month. I check them off as I receive payment or pay the bill for that month so nothing is forgotten.
Weekly Page: In this section I track my personal and work life. I am able to plan out each individual day, if I need to go into work early, hair appointment ect. I do not currently but I plan to also add in meal prepping to this section so I can easily plan dinners for the week. I am such an organization nut, so I love to color code things. I will highlight Matt’s off day’s in one color, write personal items in another, and work in a third color. This way when I quickly look at a page I know what everything pertains to. I try to select two days a month (Saturday or Sunday) where I concisely plan nothing. Life can get so hectic and it is important to have down time to relax and just spend some time at home.
I think we are all guilty of letting work impact our home life at times. I noticed that after complaining to my husband about a bad day at work, he just felt annoyed thats all I ever talked about, and I still didn’t feel any better about work. He would always tell me to just not think about it, and of course I would say it’s just not that easy, but maybe it is. I have made a conscious effort this week that as soon as I get in my car to head home to not think about, worry about, or talk about work while I was at home. I found that I have had a better attitude at home and enjoy my evening more. I also feel that I am not as frustrated at work because I am not thinking about everything I do day in and day out. As easy as it is to just say “don’t worry about it” I also want to share 5 tips with you for how to leave work at work.
- If you need to work 15-30 minutes late to finish something important up, do it. But do it at the office don’t break out the laptop at home. Keep work at work, not home.
- Leave your desk organized so when you come in the next morning you can easily get started on what you need to do.
- Set realistic expectations, don’t go home and get worked up about everything you need to do if you know it can not all be done. Make a priority list when you are at work and just cross them off as you can.
- Plan a fun evening activity, do something you enjoy at night. Wether that be blogging, taking a bubble bath, or watching a movie with your husband.
- Have a positive attitude. I know it sounds silly but having a positive attitude is so important and makes your day go by much smother. Bad things will happen, but you will get through them.