I am beyond excited to be teaming up with Vera Bradley to help them spread a million reasons why it is GOOD to be a girl! If you want to read more about their campaign or share one (or many) of your reasons why it is good to be a girl, check it out here. This is a very important campaign to me, one of the reasons why I started this blog: was to help encourage women to be confident in who they are. So many different people/things/media try to convince us we are not amazing or beautiful, but that is simply not true. Each woman is equally beautiful and in her own unique way.
My absolute favorite part of being a girl is how we are able to use so many different things to express our personalities. Through clothing, makeup, and hair we are able to express so many amazing things about us. One of my favorite classes in college was all about analyzing other’s sense of style and what it says about them. Getting to play with fashion and makeup every day is such a great reason to be a girl. However I don’t want you to feel like you have to always look cute and put together (women often feel this pressure). But it is such a privilege to be able to show our personalities through our choice of style.
Fashion is not the only reason why it is good to be a girl, so here are just a few of my other top reasons, please share yours with me below:
- We can have children.. I mean come on that is very special.
- The relationship with your girl friends, nothing else is like that.
- We can be anything we dream.
- We can empower other women.
- Every day is a new day, with no limits.
- We are strong, yet still gentle.
- We are able to put our minds to something and work until our goal is accomplished.
- We are wonderful care takers.
- We are aware and embrace our emotions.
- Girls can cry, and nothing is wrong with that.
- We can wear heels.
- We have a great artistic eye.
- We get to drink the girly drinks that actually taste good.
- We get to smell good.
- We have the power to speak out mind.
This post was sponsored by Her Campus and Vera Bradley, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own.